Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Riding Days Are Gone

This motorcycle model indeed reminds me of the days when I was riding my dad's motorcycle. All I need is just to get my dad's permission and off I go to whatever places I want to go. It was quite convenient at that time. Furthermore, I can also bring my mum to whatever places she wants to go whenever my dad was too busy or tired to ride. I can replace my dad.

However, I have not been riding for a year plus now. The reason is last year April, my dad met with a serious accident while riding. He was hospitalised for a total of 32 days. From that day onwards, my family bans us from riding. Thus, I went back to square one -- taking public transport. It took me some time to adapt at first but now I am used to it already. =)

My dad on the other hand, took a longer time to adapt to it. He had been riding for over twenty years already and indeed found it very inconvenient without a bike. He was already riding when he was courting my mum, you see. It certainly took us some time to adapt to life without a bike. However with the newspaper reports of several bike accidents, it affirms us that riding carries a great amount of risks. I did remember very clearly that when I first passed my riding course in Singapore Safety Driving Centre (SSDC), all of us had to say a pledge together with the Traffic Police, pledging ourselves to be safe riders and stay alive.

Overall, I really thank God for saving and healing my dad. All Glory goes to Him. In fact as I reflect after the accident, I strongly feel that God saved my dad for a reason and that is to give him a great opportunity to know Him intimately. Thank you, my Godly Father in Heaven!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't know you could ride a motorbike. Haha new discovery about you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yah hor, never tell you before. Haha... actually Desmond also can ride a bike... my license classes are the same as his. =P

    ReplyDelete