Sunday, May 21, 2006

A New Perspective

It is indeed a joy just to be chatting with a fellow brother in Christ. Sharing your struggles to one another and praying for each other is the way to go. Praise the Lord who is always working in the midst of us. He is definitely with us when two or three of us gather in His name. (Matt 18:20)
Recently, I got to know fellow Brother Eugene closer over lunch together after YA service for these past two weeks. Last time, I did not really talk to this brother until our church anniversary early last month when we were both serving fellow church mates watermelons. So I must say we got closer because of watermelons! Haha. He is quite a humorous guy man so if you do not really know him, go talk to him and listen to his IQ questions. Hehe.
Today after lunch, we were just chatting about work and he has indeed shared something which opens up a new perspective of my views. He said that as a matter of fact, the working world is another great harvest with a lack of workers like us. It definitely also needs Christians to go out there to share the Gospel too. He was sharing to me that like now in his company, he is the only Christian there. Hence, he really sees it as an urgent need for him to be all the more going forward to share the Gospel.
In addition, he also shared about his stint with YFC upon his graduation. He advised me that one question which I can be asking myself is what is my true motivation in going into full time ministry? He told me that last time when he joined YFC, his motivation is actually to avoid going to working world. Hence, this is indeed one important queston for me as I reflect and really ask myself. Thanks, brother.
After our conversation, I have a new perspective coming in and it can be God's answer to my prayer as I have also been praying whether to go into full time ministry or full time working upon my graduation and ORD from army. Yah man, I need to go back to the army for another four months. Oh yes, I have to continue to keep praying and seek God's direction. Please do pray for me as well. Thanks. =)

5 comments:

  1. Yo..glad those exp. help.Thx God that i could pass on those exp to somebody who

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oops accidentally press the publish button. ya...thx God i could pass on some personal exp n lessons to somebody who is also going thru the same scenario as i was yrs back. Hope tt as you deliberated your choices,whenever u r.it will always be 'a clean hand and pure heart" Ps24:4-6 and as a result God may be glorified through you...Cya ard,dude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro, thanks a lot for your encouragement. Haha I know who you are lah... dun act anonymous leh. Hehe. =P

    ReplyDelete