Friday, May 05, 2006

Gratitude

As I complete my final paper of my final semester in NTU yesterday noon, I look back at the days of my life. I discover that I need to express a great sense of gratitude to my parents. One thing for sure, I will not be here this far without their constant support in terms of mentally and financially.

My parents for one are not well educated and they can be in fact be classified as illiterate. However, they do not wish for me to follow in their footsteps. Hence, my dad drives his cab early in the day from about 3am to 5.30pm everyday just hoping to earn enough money to support me through my education and to see to all my needs. My mum, on her part, needs to stand all day long working in a manufacturing plant as an operator and currently has to even walk around all day long without a chance to sit down to rest her legs during the company restructuring of the production lines. At the end of the day, she just hopes to earn enough to again support me through my education and also to see to all my needs.

As I reflect, I feel that I really need to express my gratitude to them. I hope to give them the best of all I can give. For example, being patient with them is indeed one area I am currently working on. These days, they have been fascinated with sending short message service (SMS) in chinese. Therefore, I show them patiently as to how to key in the chinese words using either in Hanyu Pinyin or in chinese strokes. This is just one point I hope to bring out. Let's be expressing our gratitude to our parents. Let's remember that we will not be here today without their constant support and bringing up.

In the same way, if our earthly parents know how to treat their children well, how much more will our Godly Father treat us who are His children (John 1:12)? Thus, in the same way, we all owe a sense of gratitude to our God, the Father. Let's remember and etch the image of our Lord Jesus Christ taking all our sins upon Himself and died on the cross resulting us to be free from our bondage of sins. He has indeed paid the full price of our sins with His life because He loves us! (Phi 2:6-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment