Thursday, May 18, 2006

My Response to The Da Vinci Code

I have just finished reading the book, "The Da Vinci Code". Overall, the whole plot was exciting as a novel on its own. All the investigations and solving of clues leading to who is the mastermind of the murder which started at Louvre Museum in Paris was interesting. However what is truly disturbing are some of the claims which shake the very basic foundation of the Christian faith.

I read the book to find out what is the story about. In fact, I was very into the plot as I read and finished the remaining 48 chapters of the book as of this afternoon. The whole book is about 107 chapters. I must agree that this is a book which certainly requires us as Christians to find out what the actual facts are. Let us not so called condemn or boycott this book but let us see it as a golden opportunity for us to find out more about our own faith. This is also a good chance for non believers to see for themselves what the true Christianity is like.

As a matter of fact, I will really like to thank the author of this book very much. This is because without the publishing of this book, I will not realise for myself how authentic the Bible is. I will say that with this book and the movie which is released as of today, pastors all over the world are addressing the claims of this book. All of them are showing us the evidences of the authenticity of the Bible which is still the leading international bestseller of all times.

As Pst Chris Chia of Adam Road Presbyterian Centre in his sermon, "A Different Church" puts it very well: if you are a non believer and you happen to read "The Da Vinci Code", it is actually your worst introduction to Christianity. Just like if it is your first time buying a German car and it breaks down many times, it is your worst introduction to German cars. Never will you buy a German car again.

Upon hearing of various sermons plus reading of different websites and books, I found out that all the more I believe in Jesus being divine and the true authenticity of the Bible. Hence, I in fact embrace the release of this book which has in fact created numerous opportunities for us to share the Gospel. Although I cannot deny that this is also one of the devil's evil schemes to deceive human race, it is not new at all. Even in the apostles' times, false teachers are everywhere.

Here is a link which has a large volume of articles regarding "The Da Vinci Code"
http://www.baptiststart.com/special/davinci_code.html

The good news is the battle had already been won by Christ.

As Jesus said in Matthew 16:18 - And I tell you that you are Peter and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

We have all the victories in Christ and evil will never prevail. Therefore, my brothers and sisters, let us respond to "The Da Vinci Code" in a positive way, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment