Thursday, May 25, 2006

Adventurous Day

Today is an adventurous day for me. Haha, I bet (sorry, not implying that I gamble, just a verb) you will also say that if you cycled from Compassvale Lane to Sengkang East Ave to Upper Serangoon Rd to Hougang Ave 7 to Defu Ave 1 to Eunos Link to Bedok Reservoir Road to Tampines Ave 4 to Tampines Ave 7 to Loyang Ave to Telok Paku Rd to Nicoll Dr to Changi Coast Rd to Xilin Ave to Simei Ave to Tampines Ave 5 to Tampines Ave 1 to Tampines Ave 10 to Tampines Rd to Hougang Ave 7 to Punggol Rd to Sengkang East Ave to Compassvale Lane again. I started off at 12.30pm and managed to get back home at 5pm in one piece but drenched. Anyway, I was just trying out the night cycling route which we have planned for YA on 9 June.

Overall, it was in fact quite tiring and to make matters worse, it started to pour heavily. I was totally drenched and had no choice but to continue to cycle because I wanted to go home! Haha, was praying to God for my safety and the weather while cycling because I felt it was actually quite dangerous with the vehicles coming from your back and zooming past you. How I wished my bicycle can be transformed to a motorcycle instantly so that I can get home faster. :Þ

As the rain came rushing down on me, I felt that I have to pray to God to ask the Holy Spirit to sustain me through the intensive cycling which was required to bring me back home. With all the water rushing to my face and the splashing of the puddles which my bicycle had cut across, I have only one goal and that was to continue to cycle all the way till I reached my home safely in one piece. At that moment, I realised that one goal which I should be trying to attain out of all my desperation to achieve it in my Christian walk. That is to please God. (Eph 5:10)

How good will it be if my ultimate goal in life is to please God? That will mean that whatever decisions made, whatever circumstances or trials which I am facing, I will ask myself first: What is to be done so that I can please God. Heavenly Father, this is my prayer. May my heart be aligned to Your heart so that I can feel the same when You have compassion on the world and my soul will be joined to Your Spirit so that I can listen to Your prompting closer. Amen. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment