Monday, May 15, 2006

Ancient Chinese Characters

Being in Shanghai last year for a period of six months, I have learnt a little about Chinese history, language, economics, literature and cross-cultural communication. It is pretty interesting to see how the Chinese characters are developed from traditional to simplified and also the invention of Hanyu Pinyin. Sitting through these five subjects which I have to take during my stint there, I have understood China a little bit better than before.

As I reflect, I think about the various missionaries going to China year after year to reach out to the local Chinese. God is indeed doing a great revival work in China. By chance, I happened to see this flash in my friend's blog. It shares about how ancient Chinese characters when they were first developed are closely linked to the Bible! Pretty interesting I must say.

Here's the link: http://www.wbschool.org/chinesecharacters.htm

Do watch it when you are free, okay? =)

4 comments:

  1. Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
    »

    ReplyDelete