Saturday, January 13, 2007

Deception

I will like to write a post on deception. What is deception? Deception is the act of deceiving. It is simply the act of bluffing or lying about something. There was a movie called, “Liar, liar”. I am sure all of us can identify with the man in that movie. When it comes to a stage when he can’t lie anymore, life becomes difficult for him.

Just how serious is saying a lie or believing in a lie? I used to think it is okay to say a lie once in a while but I am still annoyed when someone lied to me. Sometimes, I termed some lies as white lies, which means that they are not serious lies. However, now I think the term, “white lies” is a big lie by itself. I strongly believe that lies or deception is a very serious problem. This is simply because my enemy is a father of all lies!

In other words, every lie which I say comes from my enemy. If I want to live by my Father’s truth but yet still carry on lying, then am I following my Father or my enemy instead? Thinking back on this, lies accomplish the motive of deception which destroys the fellowship with my Father.

The enemy has deceived every unbeliever in my midst (2 Cor 4:4). He has also not let the believers have a chance to go scot-free because he is still doing all he can to continue to deceive them through temptation. The guilty pair came in being because of deception. Hence, let us be strong and abide strictly to what our Father has said in His word.

Before you want to say a lie next time, do think twice. If you claim to know the Truth, the Way and the Life, why are you now trying to bluff your way through?

No comments:

Post a Comment