Wednesday, January 24, 2007

成长的过程中

In the process of growing up, we all face changes and different challenges. For me, I am not really a person who will resist changes all the way but I certainly need some time to get used to changes. Like what I have mentioned in a previous post: Stages in Life, there are various stages in our lives and I am now at the adult stage – the second last stage of life.

At the adult stage, there are new added responsibilities and in the beginning, I am not really used to it. For one, I am not really used to paying for everything which I hope to acquire. In the past, my parents will pay for me but now I will have to pay for something which I want to buy myself. On top of that, I have to pay for my parents too. That’s a change. Being an adult, you also need to bear all consequences for your action. Responsibilites is that essential element which put stress on you. This is simply because you are solely responsible for the tasks assigned to you. Hence, if you happen to mess things up, you will need to be prepared to answer it to your boss. A fact of life. Changes for me to adapt again.

Sometimes, children will hope that they will grow up soon as being adults have all the freedom which they like. They think that being a child has its own restrictions. Okay, that may be true in their context but having an adult’s freedom comes with responsibilities. (Does this remind you of Spiderman?) When you have endless tasks waiting for you in the office and endless bills to pay, the sight of the so called freedom eludes you. That’s a new challenge for you in life.

I think God plans for everyone to commence life as a baby so that through the years of growing up, we can gain some fundamental experiences which are required to prepare us for adulthood. We started off by depending on our parents for every single thing. Through the years we spend with our parents, it has shaped our mentality on how we relate to others and also how to guide our own children to adulthood. We make mistakes to learn. We may take the wrong paths but we are sure we will not let that happen to our own children. My dad, for example, has told me from young to get a good education so that I will not be like him who is illiterate.

The years of growing up is essential to prepare us to face issues in life. Even right at this moment, I am still learning new things everyday and gaining new experiences to share. Everyone will need to go through five different schools in life. Four from primary to university while the last one is the ‘Society University’ (社会大学). Getting four A*, 8 A1s or countless distinctions coupled with diploma of merit and First Class Honors degree will not get you anywhere in life. The key point is to ace and excel in the Society University.

Many did not even make it to a tertiary education but have excelled in the Society University alone. They have graduated from this life with the honors of remembrance by many. Therefore, in growing up, be ready to make mistakes to learn and to treat issues like treasures because they are free lessons for you to acquire that experience in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment