Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006, Welcome 2007

2006 is a year that passes like a flash to me. As a matter of fact, every year passes like a flash but this year, it is too eventful for me and yet still passes like a flash. There are a total of two major changes in my life for 2006. The first change is from a student life back to army life. The second change is from an army life to a working life.

At the beginning of 2006, I remembered that I was rushing for my Final Year Project (FYP) and also preparing for my final exams in my final semester. It was quite a stressful period for me as I saw the deadline for my FYP report approaching and also the presentation after my final exams. I was very concerned about who my moderator for my FYP is. The reason being that, if I was assigned a very strict moderator, I will have a very difficult time answering his demanding questions.

All praises go to God for seeing me through all things and you may have known by now, I have graduated back in June this year. This was where my first major change began. I started to apply to go back to army to resume my disruption to serve back my remaining four months of service. It was a period of uncertainty for me as I am not very sure how the army looked like after three years. I heard that it has become 3rd Generation (3G).

Going back to my old familiar camp was a very memorable experience. I saw how the camp has changed after a new coat of paint and renovations. The computers used were no longer those old army computers but new Pentium IV ones complete with LCD monitors. Wow! Met up with my familiar army friend as she is a regular and still works in the same branch as before. Again, time passes like a flash and in no time, I have ORDed with a green certificate and ready to go out to the real world.

The second major change was from an army life to working life. If I have lamented that student life in NTU is nothing but stress everywhere, I am too naïve because working life is truly where the stress level peaks. This is simply because you are solely responsible for the things under your care. Hence, if you happen to make mistakes, you will need to be prepared for a good scolding by your boss. I am still adapting to this life and learning new things along the way. However, I am glad that I have began a brand new chapter which will last a long way, at least till I retire. Thus, no major changes for the time being.

Looking back at 2006, I can see that I have gone through these major changes in my life with God’s purpose set for me even way before I was born. How I have landed in my current company and department was also planned by Him. Going into 2007, I will want to live up to His purpose for me in my life by truly mediating upon His attributes.

Blessed New Year Ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment