Sunday, June 25, 2006

Stages in Life

Everyone goes through different stages in life. We are living in this dimension of time and space. Hence, time being a dimension which never stops from the moment it begins enable us to have different stages of life. We cannot help it but go through these different stages like infant, child, teenager, young adult, adult and elderly. Today's sermon, my pastor mentioned that time is life. How true it is. We are growing older every second.
My point for this entry is this: I feel we should enjoy each and every stage of our life. For infant stage, I strongly believe all of us enjoyed it very much. Haha, all we do most of the day is sleeping soundly and when we are hungry, we just cry or make some noise for attention to get our milk. Fun right, isn't it? We do not have to study or do any other work beside sleeping. (That is if you termed sleeping as work! :P) Oh yes, of course when we are awake, we are observing our surroundings while our young brain is absorbing experiences much faster than a sponge absorbs water. Ok, no doubt all of us enjoyed that stage very much with no problems to highlight. hehe.
The next stage is child stage. Wor, this is also fun because we get to play with interesting toys, we learn to walk on our own now, we learn to talk and we can express ourselves with all our learned emotions and expressions. We also run a lot and climb 'new heights' in our houses. Then, we start to go to school to go through education. We make new friends and we get to share our joy with new people beside our parents for the first time. I enjoyed my time as a child too. =)
Following that is teenager stage. For me, during this stage, I went through a lot as I enter puberty. It was not easy for me as I faced different kinds of pressure while in secondary school and while I was growing up to be a man from a boy. I also have serious insomia problem at that time. However, I feel we should also enjoy this stage because once we pass through this stage, we do not get to go back again. Time will definitely do not allow that, man.
Next, young adult stage. Hmm, I think I have passed through this stage as of now. At least, I am nearly 30 years old now. This stage poses me with new responsibilities. All my actions now carry with them consequences and if I am not ready to face the music, I better behave. Haha, that's all I can say about this stage. Of course, serving the army falls within this stage and yes, very importantly enjoy army! You will not get to wear your No. 4 ever again after you have RODed. Enjoy going for IPPT, range and ICT. Never will you get to wander in the jungle after you gone through this stage unless war breaks out... CHOY CHOY CHOY!
Now, I am in adult stage. Haha, oh no! The second last stage of life. Learning to face up to situations, trials and problems in life. Going through it now and upon reflecting, I have to make sure that I really enjoy this stage of my life. If not, when I reach elderly stage, I will regret man.... hehe...
No comments about elderly stage except maybe learning taichi?
Ok, friends. My point is let's enjoy every stage of our lives because one thing for sure is we all do not get a second chance of going through it again. Instead of looking forward to our next stage, let us make full use of our current stage and create fond memories bah, shall we? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment