Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday Reflections - Reloaded

It is Friday again. Another week has passed and weekend is here in less than 2 hours. Wow, super fast. Time has passed by every person without waiting for anyone. Who can say that time has waited for them even just that one moment? I dare not say so for myself.

Although I do agree the fact that work can never be finished, I simply need more time. I started to realize that as a matter of fact, twenty-four hours a day is simply not enough for me. Can I have more than twenty-four hours? Maybe give me another twenty-four hours to make forty-eight, can? Then, I can use that extra twenty-four hours to spend time jogging, reading or resting my mind.

Everyone has the same twenty-four hours. The difference is how do we spend that amount of time. It is just like our cash on hand. The same amount lies in everyone’s hand when the clock strikes twelve midnight and a new day begins. Right now, I will say that I spend more than half of the amount I am allocated to my work. The rest goes into sleeping, eating and leisure time like internet.

This week passed by very fast in the midst of me trying to finish the tasks assigned to me on hand. I am learning new things everyday and currently still learning. There is just too many things to pick up in my job. I need more time but time is not on my side. That is why tomorrow I plan to go back to office to finish up some of my work.

I am developing my passion for my work and beginning to find my job more and more interesting and challenging. However, stress is definitely present and what I can do is to learn how to work with stress and not be overcome by it.

A poem by C.S
Manage Time and Manage Stress,
Do your Best while God will do the Rest,
Remember to Rest well so the mind can wonder Less.

No comments:

Post a Comment