Saturday, December 02, 2006

Friday Reflections

This week has been a busy week for me. Actually, it has always been for the past eight weeks. Every week is eventful. So many things happening and new challenges posed. This evening, my week ended with KFC. Some leftovers from my department Fridays afternoon tea.

It is Friday night again and this is the night I feel the most relaxed for basically tomorrow is Saturday. Since I started working, Saturday becomes the day where I will do my preparation for BS and cell meetings. Not too good because it is a bit rush. Sometimes, I have to squeeze in worship preparation as well. Doing everything yourself can be tiring and weary. At some moments, I do feel where is everyone when I needed help?

Weekend is very precious. I agree to this statement fully now. Throughout the week, I have been busy with work. Everyday knocking off just to go home to sleep for a few hours before waking up again to go to work. It is like a routine cycle. Waking up at 6am every morning to take my breakfast and then do my quiet time. Sometimes, even play some songs before I rush to bath and catch my bus at 7.33am to go to company. Yes, 7.33am, the bus is so punctual everyday.

Coming to a weekend, it is also work. Preparing for bible study, cell and coordinating the worship. Doing my best only to know that actually few will be coming for the things I prepared. However, it has also became a routine to me that few will attend the meetings but I still want to carry on with this work. This is one responsibility which I have taken up and I have to see to its completion. The shepherding role.

I was reading Psalm 130 during lunch hour today. Felt ministered by it and decided to share here:

Psalm 130
A song of ascents.
1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;
2 O Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy.
3 If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins,
O Lord, who could stand?
4 But with you there is forgiveness;
therefore you are feared.
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
6 My soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.
7 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
for with the LORD is unfailing love
and with him is full redemption.
8 He himself will redeem Israel
from all their sins.

Just reflecting. 1 December is over. =)

2 comments:

  1. was just reading this entry, and I can totally relate to you. At times I cant help but feel really alone in my service to ministry and my responsibilities as an elder son. Nonetheless, may the joy of the Lord be your strength, focus and reason to continue serving fervently for the Lord. Jia you bro! :)

    ReplyDelete