Tuesday, September 19, 2006

人健人爱

This is something which I picked up from my Physical Training Instructor (PTI) during my unit's healthy lifestyle programmes. Maybe I just share with my blog readers. =)

Keep fit by adopting the F.I.T.T. rule

Frequency :
Exercise three to five times a week.

Intensity :
Generally, you should exercise at 75 per cent and above of your Maximum Heart Rate (MHR). Let's assume that your potential MHR is 220 beats per minute (bpm). You should try to achieve the Target Heart Rate (THR) during your exercise. To calculate THR, use this formula: (220 - your age) x 75 %. For example, if you are 30 years old, your THR is (220-30) x 0.75 = 142.5 bpm.

Type : Often people stop exercising because they find it boring. Hence, vary your exercise regime. Try swimming, jogging and playing a sport.

Time : Set aside time to exercise for at least 40 minutes each session - 10 minutes for warming up, at least 20 minutes exercising, and 10 minutes cooling down.

Okay, I am meeting my contact for a time of healthy lifestyle tomorrow morning. Learning to keep fit so that I can serve God more effectively. Haha and my favourite line when I was caught jogging in school last time was, "Healthy Body, Healthy Mind!"

No comments:

Post a Comment