Tuesday, August 01, 2006

August is Here!

1 August.

8 more days to National Day and after that, my weekend will stop 'burning'. haha
68 more days to Operational Ready Date.

This short stint with the army has certainly affirmed me all the more to be proud being a Singaporean. No matter what other people may say, I just want to be myself - A Singaporean proud of Singapore. Simple?

One song which I learnt in primary school during the National Day period many years ago goes something like this:

There was a time when people say that Singapore won't make it,
But we did.
There was a time when trouble seems too much for us to take it,
But we did.
We build a nation strong and free
Reaching out together.........
This is my country.....
This is my flag.....

Still remember this National Day song?
People always say what they want to say but I just live and do things according to myself. I do not have to care what others say. I just need to make sure that my life is able to live in obedience to God and pleases Him.

So brothers and sisters, just be yourself. What others want to say, let them carry on. Never look down on yourself, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment