Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ephesians 4:29

One of my new year resolutions for this year is not to let any unwholesome talk come out of my mouth so as not to stumble my fellow brothers and sisters. One thing I feel that I am a person who want things to be done in an orderly manner. Hence at times when I do not get the help which I need, I will start to utter rubbish and hurt people. This includes the messages which I sent over emails or sms.
For example, I am a person who really detest people who are late for appointments. In fact, I cannot even stand people who are late for just five minutes. I hate to wait but God still want to train and test my patience. Most of the time when I am meeting people, I will be the one waiting. As a matter of fact, I actually had sent out a sms before telling that person, "Don't be late." and it caused much unhappiness with this person eventually. There was one time when we are going to rehearsal for a singing session for the home visit and I purposely came late because I want others to wait for me for a change.
Secondly, most of the time when someone sort of mention my name in a not so good manner, I will not hestiate to reply to "retaliate". This is so typical of me. Therefore, the verse in Ephesians 4:29 really serves as God's constant reminder for me to change. Actually, a close brother has actually talked to me about stumbling people with my unwholesome talk before over emails. Therefore, as I enter into 2006, I made a resolution to change my behaviour.
So far almost half a year has gone and I must say that I am still changing in progress. Like what a pastor in another church has mentioned in his message before that all of us being Christians are all carrying a label which is "Work In Progress". We will all never become like Christ 100% till the day when He comes back for us and we all partake in the Sacred Wedding Banquet with Him. However, I feel that I should make my progress ongoing instead of staying stagnant.
Okay, I really want to make it a point to change into the person whom God wants me to be. Father, let be me united with You so that I can be one with You in spirit. (1 Cor 6:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment