Thursday, June 08, 2006

Consolingly Encouraged

On Monday, I received my final semester results. Upon receiving the results, at first, I feel quite disappointed because I felt that I should have done better in some subjects and even the final classification of my degree. However, after gazing and reflecting upon the results for the past few days this week, I begin to have changed views of the results which I have obtained. One thing for sure is that I have received a consolation prize which I feel that I should not have achieved it at all in the first place. Overall indeed, God is the one who have seen me through and blessed me in each and every grade which I scored in the total of 41 subjects.

Based on my poor results for these 6 semesters, I feel that I do not deserve a honours at all. However, God still blessed me with at least a honours. Hence, I must say that I am consolingly encouraged. Think this is not a correct English term but I will like to use it just that hopefully I can explain the feeling which I am having at this moment.

Another thing which I have learnt throughout this circumstance is, "do not compare with others". This is one thing which I have learnt from God in His Word in the Bible. John the Baptist is one good example of this lesson. Even though, he knew Jesus as the Chosen One and Saviour of the World, yet he did not have a single chance to receive Him into his life. All he can do is to point others to Him. When his discples still did not get his message of who Jesus is, he said, "He must become greater, I must become less." (John 3:30) Indeed when his discples was complaining to him about Jesus having more disciples, he did not even compare himself with Jesus.
As a matter of fact, I found myself happier when I did not have to compare myself with my friends who have all done much better than me. I thank God for putting me in this situation so that I can indeed learnt the value and importance of this "comparing" lesson. I feel glad that I have done my best in my studies and God being the faithful one did not even shortchange me a single "cent". Cheers. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment