Sunday, June 04, 2006

God's Sovereignty

Do you know what is sovereignty? Okay, before I share with you all a liitle bit of my experience with God's Sovereignty yesterday. Let us define the meaning of sovereignty which are namely as follows:

1. Supremacy of authority or rule as exercised by a state.
2. Royal rank, authority, or power.
3. Complete independence and self-government.
4. A territory existing as an independent state.
(Meanings are extracted from yourdictionary.com )

In our case here for God's Sovereignty, I will feel that the first three meanings fit in quite well for God. This is because He exercises Supreme authority and power, independant and is always in control of all things and situations.

Oh yes, I have returned back to army to resume my disruption and this is my first Sunday after one week in the army. Realised that the army is very different from my time in service about three years ago. Upon taking up of a minor role in my branch, I need to help out to issue stores which are required for our National Day Parade rehearsals on every Saturdays.

Yesterday was the first combined rehearsal and the whole day long I was rushing from place to place either to issue stores and communication equipments or issuing rations like packed lunch, teabreak and dinners to all the soldiers. It was a hot day but I do enjoy the sun as I serve. Overall, although it was tiring but I enjoyed every moment of it serving. It was quite different from last time during my NSF days before when I would normally find it a drag to do all the work and somemore on Saturdays. Haha, however now I find it a joy to be able to serve and what more serve my country in preparing to celebrate her birthday.

It was close to the end of the day and it was almost time to pack up to go back camp. At this moment, I was doing a final check of my communication equipments before loading it into the mini bus. Suddenly, I found out that one of my ten chargers is missing! I was shocked and was looking for it at every spot which I might have placed it but alas it was not found anywhere. While searching, my mind was thinking of all the scenarios which may happen if this charger is reported loss.

On the way back to my camp, I was praying to God. I recognised Him as a Sovereign God who is always in control of all things. Surely, I know He is control of my current situation. After I had prayed that prayer for the missing charger, I free my mind from worrying and look forward to His Godly timing where He will make a way out for me whether it is to be reported loss or it will be recovered.

After reaching camp, I did a thorough search for the missing charger and even searched the mini bus. However, it is still not to be found anywhere. No choice, I have to dismiss all the storemen now and leave all things to God. Before I did that, I made a final call to one of the warrant officers which I have loaned out the charger to and I knew from my superior that he is also helping me to look for it in his base. Who will know that this warrant officer replied me over the phone that he has found the missing charger! Actually, it was dropped into his ops box accidentally and he will pass me back on Monday in camp. Thank God! He has indeed shown His Sovereignty over all matters.

This experience for me has allowed me to know the presence of God everywhere and He listens to our prayers but answers them in His own Godly timing. =)

1 comment: