Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 IS going away for good…

Because… 2016 is coming to a close! It is fast but we all know that time waits for no man. 2015 ended with me opening a new chapter of my life as a married man. For 2016, it was a year of living with my soulmate and starting our lives together as a family. We thank our beloved GOD for blessing us with a place of our own and managed to move in smoothly. As we were comfortable with where we are, GOD led us to a new chapter of our lives…

… My wife is pregnant.

This brought us to a mood of excitement, anticipation and a little uncertainty as we are going to be parents to a new soul. Are we ready? We can only pray for GOD to grant us wisdom continually as we welcome a new member to our family. In the journey of pregnancy, we had our fair share of clashes and conflicts as life can be tricky sometimes. Zika virus came along to join us in the party while our baby’s fetal scan was not quite in accordance to the doctor’s expectation. Nevertheless, we learnt a bit more of placing our faith in our awesome GOD (1 Pet 5:6-7). We also learnt that we simply need to channel all our energies in praying to our King, our Priest and our Savior, Jesus Christ (Phil 4:6-7).

Now as the husband of my wife and soon a father, I realized the importance of submitting to Jesus as the Head of my family. My spiritual walk with Christ has taken on a new perspective and it is paramount for me to walk rightly and closely with Him. With that, I have to lead my wife and my soon-to-be born child in growing close to knowing the Only True GOD and Jesus Christ Whom He has sent.

Just before I got married last year, I felt a sense of responsibility as a husband-to-be because I need to stand up to the occasion as a man to take care of my wife and be a pillar of support for her. Approaching the end of this year, my shoulders got loaded with more responsibilities now as a father-to-be. Pray for me to look to our LORD for wisdom and courage to live out His Word in Deuteronomy 32:7:

“Remember the days of old,

Consider the years of all generations.
Ask your father, and he will inform you,
Your elders, and they will tell you.”

As the clock strikes 12 and 2017 rolls in, I hold on to my bible and pray to GOD that may He help me to be a good husband and a good father - A man who is trustworthy (1 Cor 4:2) and faithful to His Word (2 Tim 2:15).

Have a blessed 2017 in our LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment