Saturday, January 28, 2017

"Who is Jesus to you?"

A simple question which can be asked of Christians and people of other faith is “Who is Jesus to you?” To be frank, this question can be dug as deep as one will like and answers can be awakening. A thousand of follow-up questions can be asked and after which, different responses can be felt by the questioner.

As I think about my own answers to this simple question, I agree with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ that Jesus is my Savior. However, isn’t this just a model answer? Can a person of a different faith answer this question with “Jesus is the Savior of the World.”?

Sure, he can.

The more I think about this, the more I realize that to know Jesus more intimately takes effort. One follow up question can be, “Am I making this effort?”

If yes, how?

If no, what am I going to do about it?

Folks, looks like to live out this verse John 17:3 – to know the Only True GOD and Jesus Christ Whom He has sent is not as simple as praying the Sinner’s Prayer and live as an auto-pilot Christian. Let’s wake up and be alert to the fact that we all need to continue to walk closely with Jesus like what Enoch had modeled for us in Genesis 5:24!

No comments:

Post a Comment