Sunday, February 14, 2010

老虎不发威,你当我病猫?!

Today is the very first day of the upcoming Chinese New Year of 2010. The Year of the Tiger. I titled this post with a Chinese saying just to make the point of being a Chinese myself. For those whom do not know what the title means, feel free to email me and I will try to explain to you as clearly as I can.

I truly enjoy the time being with my family after spending an entire year in the states. A great time of talking crap (again) with my mum and also being nagged (a few times so far) by my dad. Also had an interesting day with my relatives coming to my place for a gathering and trying to convince my three nephews and one niece that I am not a stranger but their Uncle. Haha, what a day.

In spite of all these good times, Singapore’s hot and humid weather is killing me. Even when I switched my room fan to the maximum speed, I am still feeling hot. It has really been a long time since I start to feel the ‘sticky’ feeling of my body due to the high humidity. In addition, to enable my body to be adapting faster to the weather, I went out for a 5 km run in the high afternoon temperature of the day. The result is I almost passed out in the heat of the sun. Haha… I am becoming a polar-man soon, I guess.

My dad is born in the year of the Tiger and so if you know how this Chinese zodiac works, he is turning 60 this year. I was born when he turned 30 that year and if your math is still good, I will be 30 this year. Looks like I am lagging behind his statistical ripe age of 30 for settling down but it is God Whom leads in this matter so who am I to go against His Will? It is VERY important to settle down with the right person so I will take all the time I need to find the right one first.

As per the norm across all cultures (East or West), during a contemporary family gathering like this, you will have relatives to ask you when you are getting married or having kids and stuffs. My second aunt is even telling me that this will be her last year of giving me Ang Bao and the next year, I will need to be giving out Ang Bao on my own. I told her straight that I need more time. Haha. I rather stay single all my life than be married to the wrong person.

Besides all these trivial happenings back in Singapore, I am writing this post to remind all Christians that we cannot believe in any of the zodiac signs interpretation. No matter if it is from the Eastern Chinese zodiac or the Western zodiac. The simple reason is God Himself has told us to seek Him first in all things (Matt 6:33).

In concluding, I hereby wish all fellow Chinese across the globe a very happy and blessed Lunar New Year ahead. May all continue to be healthy and staying hopeful in the midst of turbulent times while awaiting for the coming of our LORD, Jesus Christ (1 Peter 3:15).

Enjoy your time spending with your family. I am enjoying mine to the fullest now. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment