Monday, March 17, 2008

God’s Grace taught me HUMILITY

I just realized today from the bible study in church that praying for God to teach me humility is a pretty scary thing. The reason is He will definitely humble you and you never know what kind of situations you are going to get into to learn humility…

This week in Utah, I started working on my morning shift since last Wednesday. My humility lesson started then. The very first day of my shift was the most tiring day for me because after shift, I got to attend our department area meeting and furthermore got to go for a department dinner gathering to welcome incoming new colleagues. The worst part is I actually lost my way (yup, again!) to the dining place and took like 1.5 hours just to get there. Thank God that He still led me there safely in the midst of all the calling while driving and holding on to the steering wheel with one hand to go through a roundabout. I was definitely protected by God that I was not booked by the traffic police!

Thursday is the second day of my shift and once again, this was God’s second humility lesson for me. My colleague who drove me to work has misplaced her car keys in another colleague’s car but this colleague has left the office. Hence without a decent transportation, we got no choice but to wait for this colleague to come back office to pass back our car keys. All in all, we spent at least 2 hours waiting in the office. I had to be humble and exercise my patience in the midst of all the waiting. And this was also the moment when I realized that God is answering my prayers to be humble.

Knowing that God is teaching me makes me so glad and I finally know that I have to fix my eyes on my LORD Jesus Christ. Therefore when the third day of my shift came and it was yet another night going without my own personal time, I did not mind at all. The past two nights’ (Thursday & Friday) dinner were in fact provided by God. In addition, I truly learnt His glorious lesson of humility when I volunteered to wash the dishes. All this washing has also brought to my mind John 13 when LORD Jesus washed the feet of His disciples.

The God of the bible is not only the Savior of my soul but He is One whom I can cast all my anxiety upon because I know that He cares for me. Pretty scary to pray for humility but I thank Him for teaching me a great lesson. Now it’s time for me to start praying for a girlfriend but I do not know what things He is going to put me through again so that I can become the right person for my girl.

The adventures of cs in Utah continues…

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bro, glad to see ur eyes are still fixed on Him. Ad

    ReplyDelete