Sunday, March 09, 2008

自废武功

Time flies and I have already spent three weeks in Utah. I am beginning to get used to the life over here and also the American culture as I relate to my fellow counterparts. Today is special because this will be my only free Saturday as I will be going on shift from this Wednesday onwards. My shift spans from Wednesdays to Saturdays with a pivotal Wednesday pattern.

All in all, I have no major problems living over here. Thank God for His constant protection and providence all this while. In other words, I have enough to eat, enough to wear and have a fantastic bed for my beauty sleep every night. The weather over here is still very cold with a temperature range of -2 degree Celsius to 11 degree Celsius. I have to wear at least two layers everyday and it can be quite tiring at times when you have to take off your jacket when the room is relatively warm, especially when you are in your office. However, the shift timing which starts at 6am everyday is going to be one thing which I think I will struggle for the next few weeks…

Arriving in Utah to undergo job training leads me to think and reflect on how should I go about fulfilling all the requirements and what is exactly my own expectation of all this training? One thing which I told myself before I even leave Singapore last month is I will need to unlearn all which I have picked up from my previous company and relearn the new culture, the new management and the new environment in this new company. Unlearn and relearn.

I have asked for prayers from my church to pray for God to grant me humility. I felt that this is so important because many times even though I am already very familiar with the tool or software, I will still need to stay open to new ideas, new concepts and new viewpoint from others in order to enhance my learning. I need to stay humble in order to interact and share new ideas on resolving issues as an engineer who not only work well as an individual but more crucially to learn how to work as a team which will go on to achieve the higher goals. Basically, I need to ask God to remove all my prior knowledge on the tools, concepts and software in order that I am able to absorb all these new ideas and viewpoints to enhance my training experience here.

Recently, I almost offended a colleague of mine due to a harsh comment which I have uttered to her. I thank God that eventually I managed to clear the air with her. This brings to my mind again on the importance of being humble and also to focus on how to work well as a team. You are not on your own because you will never make it on your own. You definitely need to work as a team in order to advance forward.

Utah is a state where majority of the LDS church resides. In relating to them, I feel a strong sense of need to preach the Gospel to them in the most accurate manner granted by God. A similar statement spoken by our managing director was, “Our greatest enemies are not our fellow colleagues in our company. Our greatest enemies are our competitors.” Using this statement, I will like to encourage all fellow true believers of Christ that our greatest enemies are not our fellow brothers and sisters who are from LDS but there is only one greatest enemy and he is Satan!” Therefore, let us unlearn all our biased views of the LDS church, relearn the True Gospel of Christ and pray for them to come into the knowledge of the One and only True God of the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment