Friday, March 16, 2007

美好回忆

Fond memories of these twenty-six years plus of my life are the focus of this entry. These days, I have been thinking back to my childhood days when fond memories were found. I will just like to document three of my top fond memories here so that when I read back to my postings, I can laugh it all off. haha.

Here we go.

********** (Top Rated No. 1)

One day, many years back, I was doing my homework. That time, I was still in primary school while my sister was in kindergarten. Out of the blue, she asked me for my help to sharpen her pencil, “Gor, can you please help me to sharpen my pencil?”

Being the good brother, I agreed instantly. Hence, I started to put my heart and soul into sharpening this pencil of hers. Finally, it is done and the pencil lead is now very sharp. Those good old days of using conventional pencils where you need to sharpen them can be tiring but at least it shows that life was at a slower pace back then. However, my sister was not satisfied with her sharp pencil as she commented, “No… I don’t want it to be sharp but I want the pencil to be longer as you sharpen more.”

The bomb was dropped on me.

No matter how hard I tried to explain to her that a pencil can never be longer than before you sharpen it, she still does not understand. Therefore, I have no choice but to refer her to my mum. Hmm, you need some technical knowledge to be able to explain this engineering concept of a sharpener. haha.


******** (Top Rated No. 2)

Have you ever played Snake and Ladder? I think most of us or rather those who belongs to my era will know about this board game. Yup, you know whenever you enter into a box where there is a snake’s head, you will ‘drop’ through the snake’s long body to another box at the snake’s tail. That is a fundamental rule of the game. Whoever reaches the last and final box first wins.

My family and I used to play this game very often together. Now, my sister has a different concept of the game. Hmm, I won’t say that her concept is wrong because technically speaking, it can be quite true. She commented at that time that when she reaches a box with the snake’s head, she will just stay away from the snake at one corner of the box so she will not need to ‘drop’ to another box at the bottom.

Okay, you may be right technically but the rule of the game must stay. haha.


***** (Top Rated No. 3)

Do you like to eat cone ice-creams? From young, I like to eat cone ice-creams. However, I learnt a great lesson when I tried to consume a cone ice-cream for the first time. I actually bit the sharp tip of the cone first! Oh man, yes you got it. I had quite a hard time finishing it as the ice-cream itself was dripping from both sides of the biscuit cone. My mum at that time cannot decide if she wants to scold me or laugh it off at my pathetic plight. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment