Monday, March 12, 2007

我是去年最佳新进工程师?

I went back for a group meeting this evening. Halfway through the meeting, I realised that many fellow colleagues of my department started streaming into the meeting room. Out of a sudden, my department manager started to give out awards to two Best New Engineers of the year 2006 for the third to fourth quarter. I was stunned that I am one of the two Best New Engineers. (Actually I also do not really know what is going on and why they suddenly have this voting for the Best New Engineer of my department)

Upon receiving this certificate coupled with a $100 food voucher, my mind started to replay the scenes of that first day when I first stepped into DM. The pain and struggles which I faced while juggling the heavy workload against my zero experience was too great for me to bear in those times. I started to pray more often and sometimes, I really think whether I should just quit. However, God is the one who affirmed me that evening at the beach in Sentosa during the YA retreat to be couragous and go out to working life. He is the one who saw me through the interviews and placed me in where I am right now. How can I fail Him when He has planned out the paths for me? How can I just quit because I cannot take it instead of casting it all upon Him when He said that He cares for me? No, I should just share my burdens and troubles with Him so that He can see me through it all and my faith will be increased further to a new level.

Oh, what can I say right now? Thank You, Jesus. Really thank You for letting me see that there is really light at the end of the tunnel. Despite of difficult times or rough patches, I know that I can go through simply because I have You by my side. Just yesterday during my bible study session, my BS leader was telling us that one day is like a thousand years to our God. He has witnessed my funeral and thus He knows the best plan for my life. This point greatly changes my mindset when I pray to Him. No matter whether He answers my prayers or not, I can rest assured that His Will for my life will still prevails. All I need to do is to commit my life to His Will.

So I am one of the two Best New Engineers for 2006. However, I will like to be learning from the apostle, Paul who has said, "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. (Acts 20:24)" In short, I will like to be one of the Best New Creation of Christ. (2 Cor 5:17)

Brothers and Sisters in Christ, you too are His Best New Creation. Walk close with Him today and remember that we are all baptised by His Holy Spirit into His Heavenly Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment