Saturday, February 24, 2007

How’s Your Progress?

My former Crusade Bible Study Leader always like to ask me this question, “How’s your progress?” And it was definitely not related to my Final Year Project (FYP) progress at that time but rather my progress in the search of a life partner. My response to that will always be “No progress.”

That response has been the same for at least one and a half years by now. It is true. No progress at least for the last 26 years of my life and counting. Recently during my supper break in my night shift, my colleagues and I decided to play a game. They called it, “真心大对比” but I called it, “终极密码”. I think all of us know how to play this number game as taught by a Taiwanese variety show.

Okay, the key point is they have actually tried to ‘trap’ me so that they can ask me some sensitive questions and I am required to answer them truthfully. Hmm, does this sound familiar to you? (For those who have just played the same game with me recently on 20 Feb?) As usual, I also do not know why I am so called very ‘unlucky’ in this game as I usually do not guess the correct mystery number. However, they collaborated among themselves and finally succeeded in ‘trapping’ me.

The millionaire question was, “ 你谈过几次恋爱?”. My response to them was zero times. Quite similar to that “No progress.” No experience at all in this area of boy-girl relationship which is quite similar to a fresh graduate in a new job. On the contrary, I do think there is a need to get started someday just like a fresh graduate will definitely need to get a job and after getting a job, will need to learn as much as he can pertaining to his jobscope so as to perform it well. My church Bible Study Leader sums it well in this question posed to me, “Do you want to get married in the first place?”

My question to all is this, “How do a guy and a girl enter into a relationship?” If somehow, God is directing me to that special someone, how do I carry it on from there? Besides praying, should I inform the leaders to be praying for the both of us as well? Seriously, I do not know how to go about it after God brought to my mind regarding that person besides praying to Him and seeking His will in the relationship. Can anyone of you advise me (especially those experienced ones)? You can send me an email via the address just below my tag-board. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Amen, amen, amen! Maybe it's a sign? So many people are asking you the same thing about the BIG Event in your life. Kekekek! Shows you are one of the most eligible bachelors around? We'll continue to pray about it with you so you will know God's direction for you in this matter. And of course, you know help is at hand is you are interested, you can hint to me. Wink! Addy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot. I am quite sure I am truly interested in her but now I am afraid that she may misunderstand me in certain issues. Very vexed now. Anyway, you can let me know who you are personally so that I can hint to you, right? =)

    ReplyDelete