Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Serve, Serve, Serve... with J.O.Y

As I went to camp today for my usual working routine, I am thinking and pondering about this issue of serving. Yes, I am in national service now which is what every Singaporean guy has to go through. However as I serve, I wonder how should I serve so that I do not feel so burdened or upset over the things which I have to do for serving in my branch. By the way, working in my branch is all about serving people. Quality and Pride.
At the end of the day (or nearly end liao...), I found out that there is one word which is crucial while you serve. That is "JOY". Ever wondered why is JOY spelt as J... O... Y...? During one of the sermons which I went through at a Shanghai church, I learnt from the speaker that JOY is spelt in this way because of the following reasons:
We should put Jesus as our first priority while we serve.
We should put Others as our next highest priority while we serve.
And... we put You (that is me or ourselves) as the last priority.
Then we will get JOY while we serve so we should serve with JOY!
Get it?
Many times I have felt tired, weary or even to the extent of burdensome to find energy to serve in ministry. In addition, I have really a lot of things to do in ministry too. Thank God for giving me this word, JOY and reminding me once again to serve with JOY.
My branch motto is Quality and Pride.
My personal motto with God is Serve with JOY.
Like that hor, I will not be tired but I will serve happily and smilingly because I know God will be pleased to see me serve in such a manner. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment