Thursday, December 31, 2009

My Spent Life in 2009

This is my review for 2009. A year spent away from my family and familiar friends back home. Time can only go on and passes by but what have I done for this year? Let me take a peek back to that day when I flew back to Utah, US upon changing my visa.

I remembered that I lost my job in Singapore and found another in Utah. It was a moment of lost and un-expectancy as I prepare to relocate to Utah for at least two years. I knew from the very moment as I was being laid off from my job, God will be providing for me. Therefore, I did not worry about my job. I was simply numb to all the circumstances around me at that time.

Being single does have its own share of perks because for me to relocate to Utah was not too tedious. I only have to make sure I bring my laptop and also an IP phone (not IPhone) with me so that I can call back to my family. Most of my stuffs were still at an American friend’s house and so it wasn’t too tough for me. Upon being granted my working visa, I flew back to Utah on Dec 12, 2008 and amazingly, one year has already gone on.

This year has also passed by real fast, like all the other previous years. The last 12 months have been a time of living on my own to take care of myself, learning how to maintain a 2003 Ford Mustang Convertible and trying out new cooking recipes. Not forgetting picking up a new sports which is snowboarding. It was also a period of working with my wonderful colleagues on shift and laughing at their sick jokes. I guess time really flies when you are having fun.

As usual with all my New Year resolutions for the previous years, I did not really fulfill mine this year even though there is only one resolution. Hence, I am remaking this New Year resolution again which is to read through the Bible from cover to cover and memorize a verse from each of the sixty-six books of the Bible. I have already got a head start (haha…) as I am now already in 1 Samuel but the progress is still real slow.

2009 was also a year of recovery and healing for me although at the end of it, I am still lost and awaiting for God’s leading (if any) to someone who can encourage me in my walk with Him. I really hope to find a nice lady who can beat me with a cane if I fail to read the Bible daily as I need some discipline in this area and probably some motivation as I am thinking if there is a nice girl to read the Bible with me everyday, it will be fabulous. Anyway, this may be just my wishing thinking after all and the focus is all so wrong!

For all my Singaporean friends out there on the other side of the globe, I will be coming back for the Chinese New Year in 2010. As for the rest of the people on this side of the globe, have a blessed new year and I catch up with all of you again in 2010.

May our beloved God and Savior bless all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment