Saturday, November 11, 2006

Giving thanks to God

I thank God for bringing a brother into my midst to teach and guide me in playing the guitar. It has been great to be able to play the instrument after five years. Finally, I can play some worship songs “decently”. (haha, that is if you think I can play well)

My classical guitar (my one and only guitar) was bought from a brother in Christ, Teh whom I have known in my army camp. At that time, he was encouraging me to learn guitar. Even my current pick is given by him. He is a great brother and I remembered him well because he was the first person to bring me to the camp’s cookhouse at that time when I first reported to the unit.

As of now, I have lost contact with him. During our army days, he was down with leukemia and was on long mc even till he ORD. Subsequently, I visited him at his place a few times and I was even preparing to cook some claypot chicken rice for him. That was also the period when I bought his guitar from him. However since 2004, I have been unable to contact him. His mobile line was unsubscribed. He did mention to me once that he would never unsubscribe his line.

I wonder how is he now?

The last sms which I received from him was on my birthday in 2004 where he wrote:

Soh, wanna wish u a happy birthday today. how have u been man? Remember the treat u own me, hahaha… when u treating me huh? :)

God, is Teh with you safely now?

No comments:

Post a Comment