Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Journey Continues...

It’s been a long while since I last sat down and really wrote down some personal reflections of my journey with God. This spiritual journey goes on. There are still many things to learn and many issues in my own spiritual life which need to be molded and shaped by God’s Guiding Hand. Looking back at these last 6 months, I believe I have gone through the initial excitement of being involved in a loving relationship with someone whom God has brought to my life. The excitement has not diminished but has gone on to the next level where truly I learnt more about my own failures and weaknesses of my soul. God has taught and shown me many things in my spiritual life which needs pruning. The most amazing pruning comes practically through learning how to love someone unconditionally. This comes in a committed relationship leading to a lifelong marriage.

No one can truly know what real love is until one is able to demonstrate through actions about real love. The model of real love is shown to all of us through the death of Christ on the Cross. That’s the scene where unconditional love stands out as an unyielding light to shine into the darkness of human’s heart. This is also where I as a husband-to-be have to reflect constantly on how to love my wife unconditionally as how Christ loves the Church. It is a mystery indeed.

Till the day I see my LORD, this journey of learning from Him continues…

No comments:

Post a Comment