Saturday, October 18, 2014

Walking with God

As Christians, we all have to learn how to walk with God. He has always been with us but sometimes, we ourselves have this problem that we like to do what we want to do. As such, we conveniently tell ourselves that He is not with us. We rationalize our minds that it is okay to slack once in a while because we put a pat on our backs that we have been ‘walking right with Him’ for a season now, right? That’s when we fall and sin against Him (1 Cor 10:12). Next, the guilt feeling sets in. This vicious cycle of events is always happening in my own spiritual walk with Him. I resonate with Paul in Romans 7:24 - Oh what wretched man I am!

This coming November, my church is kicking off the first Men’s Ministry retreat. The theme is “No Man is An Island” and the workshop topic is “Walking with God”. As I reflected on a quote by A. W. Tozer:

A whole new generation of Christians has come up believing that it is possible to “accept” Christ without forsaking the world.

Truly, I need to remember that by accepting Christ, I have turned my back against the world. I cannot hold on to Christ and walk with God on one hand if I am also holding on to the world on my other hand (John 17:16). Please pray along with the men of TPBC that God will speak to all of us at this retreat to be serious in our walk with Him in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment