Friday, August 12, 2011

Jesus Christ, my ALL in all

For the last few weeks, the single thing in my mind which was causing me to think about is, “How to truly walk in the Power of the Holy Spirit in order to live a victorious Christian life?” This thought has always been my food for thought since the day I read this passage:


“It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister. The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before. For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.”
-        1 Thessalonians 4:3-8

As Ray Stedman puts in his book, “Authentic Christianity”, we as His children are all partakers of the New Covenant. This means that there is absolutely nothing coming from us but everything coming from God. Jesus Christ is my Savior but I will need to put Him as my LORD and it should stay that way. He should always be the LORD of all things in my life. All aspects of my life. Jesus Christ is my ALL in all. 2 Corinthians 5:21 said it so well:
God made Him who has no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God"
Nothing coming from me, nothing coming from my efforts. My self righteousness is filthy rags to Him (Isaiah 64:6). There is a great need for me to be walking in the Power of His Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:16) in order to continually trust, obey and wait upon Him. In all things, I need to submit to Him alone so that His Will can be truly lived out in my life.
Father, please help me to abide in You as I do my best to walk in Your Spirit to live out a victorious Christian life so that I can be a clean vessel to be used by You for Your Kingdom. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment