Friday, August 01, 2008

I Need to PRAY more.

I need to pray more. Really pray more. I went to church’s prayer meeting on Tuesday evening which was also my Boise church’s midweek service. I really thank my Father for opening my eyes to His Word once again. Pst was preaching from a number of verses which identifies the Holy Spirit as our Counselor, our advocate, our defender, our helper and our comforter in times of troubles and needs.

Allow me to share with you all on the verses which were mentioned that night.

John 14:16 - 17 -> “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever – the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.”

-=The Holy Spirit is my Counselor.=-

Luke 2:25 -> “Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.”

-=The Holy Spirit is here to console me in times of troubles and needs.=-

John 15:26 -> “When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.”

-=The Holy Spirit is here to tell me about the Father.=-

John 16:7 -> “But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.”

-=The Holy Spirit is always here within me and beside me to carry me through the tough stages of life.=-

1 Corinthians 14:3 -> “But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort.”

-=The Holy Spirit is my comforter.=-

The FATHER allows trouble to come into my life so that I can look to HIM and HE may glorify and magnify HIS NAME when I pray to HIM.

Many times I do feel lonely here in US but I still thank HIM when there is nobody to accompany me simply because it is only when I am the loneliest with no one beside me, then can I truly experience HIM and want to go close to HIM.

One last verse to share.

1 John 2:1 -> “My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense – Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

-=The Holy Spirit is my defender.=-

Alright, Brother Soh here needs to continue to trust and obey the FATHER and he knows that HE will definitely not disappoint him.

Why?

Because of this:
"The Lord God is a sun and a shield, the Lord gives grace and glory, no good thing he withhold from those who walk up rightly." Psalm 84:11

May our FATHER continue to bless all those whom HE has elected and opened the minds to see the light of HIS gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God!

Only the FATHER’s kingdom will reign. AMEN…

No comments:

Post a Comment