Monday, February 04, 2008

From EAST to WEST

How do I feel about my upcoming trip to US? A… I don’t really feel very excited at all honestly. Although my accommodation there is very luxurious and there are many nice places to go (as recommended by my friends), somehow I do not feel much excitement.

Oh no, is there something wrong with me? I hope not because the feeling that I am experiencing now is quite similar to that in 2005 when I was preparing for my trip to Shanghai, China.

Most of my documentation are done up and a few things left to settle is to pack my luggage, prepare USDs and suspend my handphone line. This week will be a good break for me as I laze at home to read up on Salt Lake City, semiconductor books to boost up my passion for the Great Empire of Electronics (haha…) and also good Christian books to boost up my faith in the LORD, Jesus Christ.

Chinese New Year is around the corner and I have just cleared my collection of dust particles for the whole year in my room. I have also reorganized the arrangement of things in my room for a refreshing change as I welcome yet another new chapter in my life. I hope my relatives will not be bugging me on whether I have found my lifelong soul mate this Chinese New Year. I certainly need to think of some reasons for this so as to handle the situations well.

Be leaving my homeland, Singapore in about a week’s time, I pray for the well-being of New Covenant cell. I also pray for the health and safety of my family members while I am away in a far away place on the other side of the globe.

There is a time difference of 15 hours and the weather is super cold over there. As I battle the harshness of winter, may the Holy Spirit continue to remind me that my soul is warmed by the love of my Savior, Christ Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment